Bloktoberfest is here! Before you head out the door and come on down, here’s a few quick tips and reminders to make sure you have the absolute best festival experience possible:
- WILL-CALL for advance beer bracelets is located in the Main Ticketing area on the 1400 block, directly across from the Jamaican Jerk Hut. We’ve also added a second, smaller will-call area in Secondary Ticketing on the 1700 block, but please realize that lines there may move slower (see map).
- Beer bracelets and extra beer tickets can be purchased in Main Ticketing on the 1400 block with either CASH or CREDIT CARD (see map).
- Beer bracelets and extra beer tickets can be purchased at Secondary Ticketing on the 1700 block with CREDIT CARD ONLY (see map).
- It’s gonna be warm during the day - perhaps up to 70 degrees - but cool down in the evening, so dress appropriately. Layers, people!
- You can find full schedules for music and kids activities here on our website, as well as printed on the festival maps available at the event.
- Know your limits, mind your manners, and be nice to your fellow Bloktoberfesters. We love people who drink responsibly, and encourage you to find safe ways home (like a discounted ride from Uber) at the end of the night if necessary.
- Keep a look out for Uwishunu and Visit Philly, who will be on the 1500 block handing out free mini-Instagram prints to those who Instagram and tag their photos with the hashtags #Bloktoberfest and #GraduateHospital.
- That helpful person selling you your bracelet, pouring your beer, or pointing you towards the porta-potties is a volunteer. We’ve got about 150 of ‘em, and they’re all completely awesome. Please treat them to the respect and appreciation they deserve for helping to make this whole day possible.
- If there’s important breaking news from our end, we’ll break it on twitter, so be sure to follow @Bloktoberfest and check out our feed throughout the event.
…and that about does it! Thanks so much to everybody planning to join our wonderful little block party today, and have a great time. We can’t wait to see you out on South Street!