Remember that time when some teensy weensy rain drops kept you from partying in the streets and drinking beer with all your friends???
…Nope, neither do we.
We’re ready for nine hours of fantastic live music, delicious food, family fun, and 25 different craft brews on tap for your thirst-quenching delight. We’ve got a map and everything.
So, before you head out the door and come on down, here’s a few quick tips and reminders to make sure you have the absolute best festival experience possible:
- Will-call for advance beer bracelets is both ticketing areas - on the 1400 block, directly across from the Jamaican Jerk Hut, and on the 1700 block in the Penn garage (see map).
- Beer bracelets and extra beer tickets can be purchased in either ticketing area (1400 or 1700 block) with either cash or credit card (see map).
- All the beer money raised gets donated back into the neighborhood, so if you’re debating whether to buy an extra beer or two, please, think of the children and drink generously.
- It’s gonna be cool, then warm up a bit, then get cool again, so dress appropriately. Layers, people!
- You can find full schedules for music and kids activities here on our website, as well as printed on the festival maps available at the event.
- Know your limits, mind your manners, and be nice to your fellow Bloktoberfesters. We love people who drink responsibly, and encourage you to find safe ways home at the end of the night if necessary.
- Feel like showing off your location to others? Yelp is the official check-in app for Bloktoberfest 2014, so hop on there to declare your presence and read reviews of all the amazing South Street West businesses you’ll be visiting.
- That helpful person selling you your bracelet, pouring your beer, or pointing you towards the port-o-potties is a volunteer. We’ve got about 150 of ‘em, and they’re all completely awesome. Please treat them with the respect and appreciation they deserve for helping to make this whole day possible.
- If there’s important breaking news from our end, we’ll break it on twitter, so be sure to follow @Bloktoberfest and check out our feed throughout the event.
…and that about does it! Thanks so much to everybody planning to join our wonderful little block party today, and have a great time. We can’t wait to see you out on South Street!
How will you whet your whistle at this year’s Bloktoberfest? You could get real familiar with Colorado’s Boulder Beer, who will have six different styles on tap in their pavillion on the 16th Street. Maybe you’re gonna go all pumpkin, all day? Or keep it local with our fantastic line-up of PA beers from Old Forge and Neshaminy Creek? It’s all academic, really; there are no wrong choices here.
Of course, to drink any of this stuff, you’ll need to buy a beer bracelet, which is five bucks cheaper if you buy it online. Just sayin’…
Our very own beer, brewed in collaboration with Neshamniny Creek, exclusively available for the first time ever at Bloktoberfest 2014. A classic Oktoberfest style! Super sessionable. Awesomely autumnal. Get yours, then get another. And another.
The Hornycopia Pumpkin Express
The cheeky folks from Horny Goat Brewing Co. will be on hand to sate Philly’s calabaza-crazed masses this year with a near-endless supply of their Hornycopia Pumpkin Ale, the official pumpkin beer of Bloktoberfest 2014. Located at the intersection of 17th and South Streets, this station’s lines will be pouring nothing but pumpkin ‘round the clock. Bring your nutmeg needs and fall spice fixations here, and have them all gloriously quenched.
2014 Bloktoberfest Beer List
Arcadia Sky High Rye (Rye Ale)
Boulder Hazed & Infused (Pale Ale)
Boulder Hoopla Pale (Pale Ale)
Boulder Kinda Blue (Blueberry Wheat)
Boulder Never Summer (Winter Warmer)
Boulder Mojo IPA (IPA)
Boulder Sweaty Betty Blonde Ale (Blonde Wheat Ale)
Clown Shoes Clementine (Witbier)
Clown Shoes Tramp Stamp (Belgian IPA)
DuClaw Neon Gypsey (IPA)
DuClaw Sweet Baby Jesus (Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter)
Horny Goat Hornycopia Pumpkin Ale (Pumpkin Ale)
Horny Goat Octoberfest (Oktoberfest)
Neshaminy Creek Bloktoberfest Ale (Fest Ale)
Neshaminy Creek County Line IPA (IPA)
Neshaminy Creek Mudbank Milk Stout (Milk Stout)
Old Forge Overbite (IPA)
Old Forge T-Rail Pale Ale (Pale Ale)
Original Sin Apple (Cider)
Original Sin Pear (Cider)
Sprecher Black Bavarian (Schwarzbier)
Sprecher Hard Root Beer (Hard Root Beer)
Sprecher Hefeweiss (Hefeweizen)
Sprecher Oktoberfest (Oktoberfest)
Feel like lending a hand at Bloktoberfest this year? ‘Cause we sure could use you! Bloktoberfest is a non-profit, volunteer-run event that depends on a small army of dedicated and generous citizens just like you. Those who help out can look forward to free beers, stylish t-shirts, and invitations to our exclusive Post Fest in November (where we present our beer proceeds to this year’s winning grant applicants).
As if a great day spent outdoors with friends throwing one of Philly’s biggest parties wasn’t enough, right???
Sign-ups are live, and open until Friday, September 26th, so check out all the details now!
We’ll be returning for a sixth epic celebration of beer, food and music on Saturday, October 11th! Mark your calendars, gird your livers, and get excited, ‘cause we’ve got some big things in store!